I had planned to add some photos to this post but having been awake since 5.30am and spending 2 hours sneezing my head off I’ve decided just to post it as is and retire to the sofa… it may be odd to have a duvet day on a Saturday but I am, the housework can go hang…
Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I am not, as I have mentioned very good with “to do lists” or routines, timetables etc outside of work. This is why I don’t tend to join in with sewalongs or knitalongs as I get stressed about it and it takes the pleasure out of the act of creating.
BUT I get equally stressed over clutter and having too many things on the go at once…or too much housework/DIY/Gardening… or too much material or yarn that has yet to be turned into garments (that’s a guilt thing, it feels wasteful and profligate to have it hanging around)
So sometimes it is easier to man up and project manage the clutter – to set out goals and aims, rules such as “you can’t do that, until you have done this..” and have carrots to go with the sticks BUT importantly…no formal deadlines…
So I’m turning my Stash Down into more of a monthly audit and am adding in the Works in Progress…as long as I do “something” on each then I get brownie points…enough brownie points…or even a finished object then I can start something new (carrot).
Yarn – I ended June with 5956 grams and ended July with 5556 grams. A reduction of about 400g. Most of this was Myrna though 175grams but I then (see below) frogged most of what I had knit. I made a lot of hats but most of these were m leftovers which don’t count in the stash total (life is too short to weigh leftovers)… There were however 100g of Debbie Bliss Prime and 25g of a very old pure wool aran, picked up in a charity shop.
Yarn purchased – none
Stash end of June 13,959cm Stash end of July 9959cm reduction of 400cm
All of this was accounted for by Gabriola, but it wasn’t stash…and Gabriola went horribly wrong and ended up in the WIP pile…
Fabric purchased – none
Myrna – pretty much finished the body…and then ripped part of it back…fortunately it’s a quick knit
Catkin – stalled and haven’t been able to face it for over 6 months…needs slipping off the needles, trying it on and then working out some alterations…and then slogging my way up over the bust…this is not a quick knit !
Long Line Cardigan – this is Mum’s Christmas present…will be finished by September, I have hit second sleeve syndrome.
Liam – Jumper for Spider… slogging my way up the front with 16 tiny balls of yarn. This month I have untangled it all and wound the yarn onto small bobbins…I fear Spider may have outgrown it already
Pikkuvuli – needs 2 buttons. Been stalled whilst I find where I put them
Flower Pin – not touched – keep losing all the bits before I get chance to sew them up
Lego Man – not touched in months, keep losing the pattern and the needles and I made a mess of embroidering on the face…
League of Justice – meant to finish these for Spider’s birthday…missed the deadline so stalled. All they need is sewing up
Alan Dart Owls – knitting done, just needs sewing up – I hate making up toys
Of the sewing
Hollyburn – needs unstitching, the side seams recutting and then sewing up again
Gabriola – unpicked the yoke, this needs recutting
Tirimisu – Need to reassess pattern size and possibly recut the bits that stretched
Kimono – Needs neck binding removed and reattached
Mable – hem
Pink Straight Skirt – hem
On the plus side I have just sewed the ends in on a whole stack of hats and things. Just need to photograph them, block them… but not sure there are any brownie points earned…. unless completley redecorating Spider’s room counts…and believe me that is worth a picture…maybe when I’ve stopped malingering on the sofa…